Many immigrants arrive in the United States with impressive resumes and academic achievements. Yet, far too often their foreign education and training are overlooked or undervalued. One way you can help your clients is to advise them to get credit for their academic achievements by submitting their foreign academic credentials for evaluation.
Foreign credentials evaluation determines the equivalency of an individual’s foreign academic credentials to U.S. academic degrees and standards so they can plan a realistic career path in their new country. An evaluation report is a tool they can use to pursue further education, employment or professional licensing.
If you work with immigrants who have at least a high school education from their home country, the resources in this section will explain:
- The benefits of a credential evaluation
- How to help your client choose the best evaluation service
- How to utilize a credential evaluation report
More about evaluations:
- Apply for a WES evaluation
- The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) lists reliable credential evaluation services on their website.